A member of the National Transport Planning team and reporting to the Transport Planning Supervisor, you will be responsible for the scheduling of customer orders for distribution using the best in class scheduling programme. The key purpose is to increase the feasibility of routes planned through the programme. A strong competency in the use of computer systems is a must.
The purpose of the role is to enhance customer experience whilst driving efficiencies through optimisation and improvement in master data.
The role is responsible for preparing the schedules for the next day as well as reviewing the output from the previous day to understand deviations to routes and use this insight and master data updates to improve the schedule for the following day.
As part of the Transport Planning team, you will work closely with the National Distribution depots to measure the performance of sites & drivers against set routes. These reports will drive learning's and change to processes, technology and behaviour. In addition, the ability to clearly communicate with customer services to ensure customer expectations are being met will be key. The role is a key influencer and needs to closely collaborate with these internal stakeholders.
Key Skills, Experience & Knowledge:
- Experience of working in a Fulfilment environment with a transport planning software programme would be desirable
- Comfortable working with large amounts of data manipulation, analysis & reporting trends & outputs to drive business decisions.
- A process orientated individual who is always looking for continuous improvements to processes and their outputs
- Strong customer orientation with the ability to deliver high levels of customer experience through effective route planning & teamwork.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment where you need to make decisions quickly & concisely balancing efficiency and customer experience.
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills you will need to interact with site leaders and customer experience teams
- A working knowledge of the importance of safety in the organisation and how the effective planning of routes can support an improvement in client GB's safety measures.
- A self-motivated individual who is able to work individually and as part of a team to critically evaluate process performance & their contribution.
Working hours: Monday -Friday 8.30 am- 17.00 pm (30 mins lunch,15 min break)