We have an exciting opportunity for an Underwriter to join our vibrant and busy Underwriting teams based in either Leeds or Wolverhampton. This role would suit someone with liability and or contractors underwriting experience dealing with renewals or existing business.
Thistles Underwriting prides itself on adopting a trading culture to win and retain business and has a track record of impressive underwriting results. You will be comfortable liaising with brokers and colleagues, dealing with various enquiries that may include understanding & assessing risks and reviewing quotations whilst ensuring adherence to underwriting guidelines under Delegated Authority schemes and disciplines. You will have good administration and communication skills with the ability to develop business relationships. You will have obtained Cert CII qualification or wish to work towards this.
Working as part of a team is integral to Thistle’s environment with established opportunities for mentoring and buddying to help develop knowledge and experience under our Delegated Authority schemes. As the business continues to grow, there will be many opportunities to get involved in other exciting projects, expanding your skills along the way, and giving you the ability to grow within your role.
Based in either Wolverhampton (WV1 3JE) or Leeds (LS1 5HD) our offices are both located near to central train stations and are accessible by bus, car or train.
- You will be dealing with renewals and mid-term adjustments in line with agreed delegated underwriting authority guidelines,
- You will underwrite / generate renewal terms ensuring they are presented to Brokers in a timely manner whilst achieving the necessary rate increases that insurers require,
- You will deal with Broker and colleagues queries by phone and emails within agreed authority limits,
- You will approach insurers with referrals on scenarios that are outside of our Delegated Authority in terms of pricing, coverage and policy conditions,
- You will be required to be organised with your work allocation and prioritise where necessary whilst regularly reporting to the underwriting team leader,
- You will adhere to compliance and regulatory procedures,
- You will have previous general insurance underwriting experience (ideally including liability & contractors) with a good working knowledge of all classes of business,
- You will be either working towards or qualified Cert CII,
- You will have experience of working within a regulated FCA environment (essential),
- You will be able to understand and implement ‘best practice’ in customer service, compliance systems and processes, and financial management,
- You will have good experience using bespoke systems and MS Office Suit Including Acturis,
- You will have a high level of accuracy and attention to detail, coupled with excellent time management,
- You will be able to work under pressure, adapt and be flexible in approach,
- You will have excellent communication skills which includes verbal, written, listening and negotiation, having the ability to communicate at all levels,
Full Job Description available on request.
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We believe that working together as one team across the Group is better for our customers, our businesses, and our employees, we offer excellent rates of pay, fantastic benefits and excellent career opportunities.
PIB Group is an equal opportunities employer, committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, gender, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your application will be treated in the strictest confidence.