Are you looking to take the next step in an exciting career as an Assistant Underwriter? Do you want to work for the BIA’s 2021 General Insurer of the Year? If the answer is yes, then Covea Insurance has the role for you!
We’re a fun and friendly team who work together to support each other and create a great working environment, be that at home or in the office. We offer hybrid and flexible working options to ensure you can enjoy and give your best in your work and your home life. We also provide lots of support to help you achieve you career goals through internal development programmes and professional qualifications.
What would I be responsible for in this role?
- To support the Underwriters by taking telephone calls, providing mid-term adjustments, underwriting renewals and other tasks that supports the Existing Business Team.
- To issue documentation accurately and in accordance with Covéa’s service level agreements
- To prospect and actively contribute to the growth/retention targets of the HNW department
- Have a basic awareness of the impact of claims and risk management on the performance of a risk and demonstrate an ability to underwrite taking these factors into account. (seeking referrals or liaising with those that have specialist knowledge such as claims and risk management surveyors where necessary)
- To prove own technical competence in handling mid & high net worth cases in accordance with Covéa’s guidelines/risk appetite and within limits of authority
- To work on and assist with specific projects and/or training for others as and when required.
- To manage own workload in accordance with agreed service, technical, output standard, accuracy & TCF requirements.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with colleagues and brokers & undertake external joint visits, reviewing meeting and social events when required.
- Ensure a working knowledge of the products, procedures, underwriting guides and Management Information is achieved.
- Complete other activity over and above those listed in the role profile, appropriate to your skills and experience
What would we like to see in you?
- Cert CII or working towards CII Qualifications (support and study time can be provided towards these)
- Experience within insurance would be an advantage
- MI and analytical skills
- Strong planning and organisational skills and the ability to work to a deadline
- Ability to develop and sustain relationships with internal and external parties
- Effective communication skills
- Being able to work collaboratively with the Underwriters and wider
- Ability to identity actual and potential challenges
- Acts well on feedback, constantly seeking to improve their performance
- Actively listens to others and demonstrates their understanding with appropriate follow-up actions
- Have a “can do” attitude and proactively seek solutions and opportunities
- Strive to achieve the highest professional standards and find ways to go the extra mile
- Willing to try new things and see both successes and mistakes as opportunities to learn
What’s on offer?
- 36.25 working hours per week with flexitime
- Annual pay review and performance related bonus
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- 7.5% minimum employer pension contribution to maximum of 9% (employee required to contribute minimum 1.5%)
- Continued professional development through internal training and professional qualifications
- Lots of support for wellbeing, both physical and mental
- One volunteering day a year to support a charity close to your heart
- Health benefits such as free eye tests, flu jabs and the option to opt into private medical insurance
- Additional benefits such as discounted gym memberships, cycle to work schemes and discounts at lots of retailers