Jefferson Wells are recruiting for a Vehicle Mechanic to join a global defence business on a permanent basis, to carry out inspections, repairs, overhauls & servicing on a variety of vehicles & mechanical equipment, with a focus on HGV's & road vehicles.
This role is ideal for a qualified mechanic to join a recognisable, global brand who are one of the largest military trainers in the UK.
What will you be doing?
- Carrying out repair & maintenance work in accordance to customer requirements & ensuring processes are adhered to
- Inspecting of vehicles & mechanical/electrical equipment and diagnosing faults
- Recording of job transactions and ensuring processes are in line with ERP processes
- Maintaining Health & Safety standards and adhering to relevant statutory regulations
- Consulting supervisor on any health & safety and quality issues
What are we looking for?
- Qualified mechanic
- Full driving license
- Experience as a mechanic/technician
- Computer literate & experience of SAP preferred but not essential.
This is an opportunity to develop your skill set in vehicle mechanics as you will be getting stuck in to every aspect of vehicle repairs/overhauls, working in a tight knit team who will fully support your integration into the role/team. Due to the size & global reach of the business there are multiple progression opportunities in other areas of the business so if you are looking for a long-term career then look no further! Please apply and one of the team will be in touch.