The Opportunity Centre, part of the Aspire-igen Group is a large and successful social enterprise which helps to change the lives and prospects of young people and adults for the better through learning and work.
An opportunity has arisen for a Childcare Tutor, within our Aspire2Work Team reporting to the Performance Manager for the Barkerend, Wakefield & Hull Opportunity Centres.
The post will initially be providing maternity cover for the childcare tutor. Once maternity leave has been completed the successful candidate will remain as a childcare tutor, teaching across the Opportunity Centres.
Vocational Tutor Responsibilities:
• Delivery of a full range of vocational courses in health and social care and support services associated with our contracted Programmes including, teaching and learning, assessment and learner support from Entry to Level 3, leading to further training, vocational pathways and employment opportunities.
• Plan, monitor, support and teach learners on our contracted programmes to ensure planned programmes are completed in a timely manner.
Vocational Tutor Requirements:
• At least two years occupational competence in the agreed vocational areas that you will be teaching and assessing.
• A recognised teaching qualification
• A minimum of a level 2 qualification in maths and English.
• A minimum of a level 3 in the vocational area.
• Familiar with awarding body framework requirements.
• Able to design, deliver and assess training at different levels of learning
• Previous experience working with young people
• Previous experience supporting the delivery of literacy and numeracy qualifications to 16-19 year olds.
• Established varied labour market experience
• You must have a willingness to undergo training as required
• Skills for Life or Functional skills qualification in English, maths and ICT
• D32 and D33, A1 award or Level 3 Certificate in assessing vocational achievement.
The Opportunity Centre, part of the aspire-igen group, is committed to helping individuals, organisations and communities succeed through learning and work. We have a strong track record of successfully delivering government funded initiatives and contracts including ESF contracts and Study Programmes. We are also a provider of advice and support services to young people and adults in the Yorkshire and Humber area.
Location: Wakefield, West Yorkshire with potential delivery across other sites
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Part Time, 18.5 hrs per week
Salary: £13,130 actual per annum plus competitive benefits
In the event that a sufficient volume of suitable applications is received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested
No Agencies Please
You may have experience of the following: Vocational Tutor, Assessor, Teacher, Teaching, Childcare, Education, Child Development, Functional Skills, Training, Trainer, Course Developer, Curriculum Designer, Assessments, Learning, etc.
Ref: 102 269