Our warehouse and FLT operatives are key to the operation, being multi skilled you will be involved in many warehouse tasks such as bringing product in, picking store orders, replenishing and putting away goods moving and loading stock for despatch accurately and efficiently so that product is delivered on time to our stores and is available for customers.
Reporting into a Team Manager you will:
- Be responsible for using trained skills to complete all assigned tasks
- Work flexibly across multiple warehouses as required to deliver a variety of tasks to the highest standard – including unloading, checking, transporting, picking, loading, and replenishing stock
- Use Materials Handling Equipment, including a Fork Lift Truck when required (full training to be given)
- Work accurately and efficiently using a system-led pick on voice or using JDA (depending on location)
- Wrap pallets securely and load safely and use space appropriately to reduce damage in transit
- Handle stock carefully and follow company date code checking policies to avoid damage
- Ensure we minimise waste and make managers aware of damaged or time-expired product
- Work in compliance with all relevant food and Health and Safety policies
- Ensure all relevant paperwork is completed, to contribute to a clean and safe environment for all colleagues
- Report stock that is in the wrong place, deal with damaged pallets or stock, reporting damage to racking or truck problems and clear up debris / spillages to ensure safe working practice at all times.
- Work in a flexible, respectful and friendly way with colleagues and the management team at all times
This ambient warehouse in South East England covers 900,000 square feet. That’s seven kilometres of aisles to walk down.
As well as delivering to 86 stores, our team picks products for our online fulfilment centre in Erith and wholesale customers as far away as Hong Kong. On top of that, our 24/7 operation provides our Latimer and Willow Green warehouses with stock for a further 145 stores. Here, our team includes 200 LGV drivers
Find out more about working in Logistics at Morrisons here.