Web Developer (Placement Student)
Micronclean are a family-owned business. The current owner and Chairman, Simon Fry, is very much hands on as he pilots the business from its current turnover of £32m, to his aspiration of a £100m business by 2027. The growth to a £100 million-pound business will be driven by several key factors:
The Launch of our Indian Cleanroom Laundry Business.
Growth of our dedicated PPE business based on our plant in Grantham.
Increase of revenue for our consumables business, which exports worldwide.
Growth of our Cleanroom Laundry business based in Skegness (ISO Class 4) and Louth (ISO Class 6).
To support our web strategy, we are looking to recruit a student to work alongside our software development team. This will be on a fixed term twelve-month placement.
Some of the duties and responsibilities will include:
- Maintain the current websites, including making required improvements in order to improve the user experience
- Development of the existing websites
- Design and develop new sites as requested
- Assist with the integration of websites into company systems
- To source ideas and new technologies and practices to ensure that the websites developed are cutting edge
- Ability to produce clear and concise technical documentation as required
- Test and document all software prior to handover and, where appropriate, provide training and support for the users
- Maintain full, accurate and retrievable records of your initiatives, develop a set of KPI’s that effectively track the results of your activities and maintain all project management documentation
- Effectively plan your projects to ensure delivery on time
- Liaise with other business functions to understand our product and service offering
- Support problem solving and continuous improvement activities within the business
- Ability to work independently and with flexibility as software development is a busy function where priorities can change
- Experience of C# primary programming language
- Experience of HTML5 and CSS3 development
- Experience using .NET Core and .NET 5 to develop web applications
- Experience of MS SQL server
- Ecommerce experience
- Proven skills in terms of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), Pay-Per-Click (PPC) and Google Analytics and an understanding of their value in a B2B marketplace
- Ability and confidence to present your findings to all levels of the business from the directors to the staff
- Project management and ownership skills
- Fully conversant with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams)
- On target for at least a 2:1 Degree (or degree equivalent) or above in Computer Science or Web Development related subject
- Experience of ASP.NET webforms development
- Experience with Model-View-Controller design pattern for developing web applications
- Experience developing web applications using a client-side rendering model (including Single Page Applications (SPA))
- Experience of the DevExtreme suite of client-side web components
- Experience of the Bootstrap CSS framework
- Familiarity with the Representational state transfer (REST) architectural style of developing web APIs
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud and some graphic design abilities
- Experience of VB.NETprogramming language
Micronclean’s unique culture is captured within the Micronclean SKIEs. These four principles of Stewardship, Knowledge, Innovation and Excellence, provide a compass for our strategic direction, help inform the multitude of day-to-day business decisions, and keep our customers firmly at the centre of everything we do. A candidate’s character and affinity to our culture, will be paramount to their suitability for this role. A copy of our vision and values (the Micronclean SKIEs) will be provided as part of the recruitment process.
Micronclean is a family-owned business based in Lincolnshire employing over 400 people. The company provides products and services to various industries. Current focus areas include rental of specialist workwear to cleanroom industries (pharmaceutical, medical devices, aerospace), and of protective workwear to manufacturing industries (engineering, automotive).
The company also manufactures and distributes a range of cleanroom products, which it sells in the UK and exports throughout Europe and further afield, including India, Australia and Canada. The company has an ambitious vision for growth both in the UK and abroad, and is currently setting up its first factory outside of the UK in Bangalore, India.
Holly Road, Skegness
Full Time, 37.5 per week Mon-Fri 09:00 - 17:00
£19,000 p/a plus £2,520 living allowance p/a
- Profit Related Pay (PRP) scheme
- Company Sick Pay scheme
- Mental Health & Wellbeing support & programmes
- Employee recognition initiatives
- Training and Development opportunities
- Loyalty holidays
- Annual Family Fun Days
- Salary Extras scheme
Ref: 132 415