Welding / Fabrication Quality Inspector
Up to £40 p/hour - Inside IR35
Site base - Rugby
My client is seeking an experienced Quality Inspector to join their busy team. The successful candidate will visit client suppliers 3 / 4 days a week and spend the remaining days working from home. There will be occasional site visits to Rugby. Client supplier locations include Stoke-On-Trent / Manchester / Sheffield so this role would suit candidates located North of Rugby.
The selected resource will provide support to the Supplier Quality Team for a bespoke Nuclear / Naval project. They will maintain a close working relationship with our supply chain, ensuring all activities are requested and completed to schedule without compromising on quality.
Overseeing the build of complex fabrications covering a whole array of exotic materials while providing technical support to the supply chain team and engineering department to help assist with build efficiency and eliminate unforeseen problems.
Ensure product compliance with contract requirements and applicable specifications.
- Witnessing and surveillance of welding / fabrication activities, NDT, heat treatment, welding trials, weld inspections, weld repairs, pressure testing activities, dimensional inspections.
- Providing detailed inspection reports of witness inspections & surveillance findings.
- Ensuring all procedures and quality documentation are adhered to without compromise.
- EoMR & LQR Documentation pack review and sign off.
- Leasing with the Customer and Suppliers at all levels ensuring all relevant information is relayed.
- Review of welding & NDE qualifications / records and documentation.
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding of Welding processes & NDT, methods.
- Capacity to read and interpret Engineering drawings and Inspection Standards.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel, as required.
- Aptitude to create and deliver reports for review by key stakeholders.
- Experience in manufacturing, engineering, quality assurance.
- Ensure product compliance with contract requirements and applicable specifications.
Essential Qualifications / Requirements
- CSWIP 3.1 /3.2 Welding Inspection (3.1 Minimum)
- PCN L2 Dye Penetrant Inspection (UT, RT MPI Desirable)
- Minimum 5 Years' experience in a similar role
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Word
Please submit your CV in the first instance.