Abbey Business Interiors was established 32 years ago and specialises in the supply of commercial furniture interiors. The foundation and core of our business has been built by offering high quality products and services with a strong client-focussed approach. We understand that no two customer’s needs are the same and have built many long-term relationships through working alongside our clients to provide the best solutions for them. We have dedicated account management, design services, in-house installation and support teams and a well established supply chain.
Purpose of the role
Abbey are currently seeking an experienced Workplace Designer to work on design and fit-out projects, The role requires a flexible and adaptable individual. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating layout plans, working drawings, visualisations, and presentation material. The majority of design work will be required for workplace projects, but on occasion work may be required for the other sectors that Abbey operate in - education, hospitality and care.
Include both internal and external – Clients, suppliers, subcontractors, colleagues
Qualifications, Skills & Professional Experience
- Production of schematic drawings and specifications.
- Production of presentation material including mood boards and visualisations.
- Taking part in design presentations with sales people.
- Working on projects from conception to completion, liaising with suppliers, contractors, customers and consultants.
- Producing working drawings for manufacture.
- Producing building works and M&E services drawings.
- Visiting site and conducting detailed measured surveys.
- Keeping abreast of new products including features and benefits for future specification.
- Keeping up-to-date with new ways of working and understanding how this affects the end user and the design of new workspaces.
- 2 years’ post qualification experience working as a Workplace Designer or similar.
- Good working knowledge/experience of Vectorworks is essential.
- Good working knowledge/experience of AutoCAD is essential.
- Experience of using Adobe Creative Suite is desirable, but training can be provided.
- Experience of using MS Office is preferable.
- Good time management skills essential.
- Ability to conduct accurate measured surveys for schematic and construction purposes is desirable, but training can be provided.
Abbey is a tight knit company who believe that our most important asset is our employees. We believe in empowering our staff in a work environment that is conducive to creating an optimal work/life balance. We strive to provide opportunities for our staff to develop personally and professionally within the business, enabling them to positively find solutions and deliver great results.
Our ideal candidate will have a high degree of self-motivation and enthusiasm for workplace design. We are ambitious for the future growth of the company and would like to offer the successful candidate the opportunity to develop with our business. The ability to problem solve, work on a diverse variety of projects, manage deadlines and work well under pressure is essential.
Location: Abbey Business Interiors, Unit 23, Neptune Business Centre, Cheltenham, GL51 9FB
Salary: £30k per annum
Hours: 37.5 hrs a week (full-time)
Benefits: 25 days holiday, Day off for birthday, Day off to work in a charity of choice, Xmas eve off
Good social environment, Agile working, Company bonus scheme
You may have experience of the following: Retail Store Designer, Retail Designer, Commercial Designer, Space Planner, Planning Manager, Macro Space Planning Manager, Macro Space Design, Retail Space Planner, Retail Space Planning, Layout Designer, Layout Planner, FMCG, Retail, Construction Manager, Refit, Retail Refurbishment, Retail Re-fit, Retail Fit Out, Retail Development, Trainee, Junior, etc.
Ref: 133 847